Should we really want to move towards an equal playing field in which all voices are valued, the main question simply is: What stories do we choose to give attention and feed daily?
This shift requires recalibrating and changing of our mental models, our belief systems, organisational models, and dominant power structures. It actually starts with changing our own mindset, our view on interrelationships, and our expectations of leaders, others, and ourselves. So that we can transform the current constructs that left our humanity in the cold. To really reshape our social landscapes and social distances, we need new stories, new patterns and new actions.
Here you find several check-questions for daily life.
A) Ensure that things do not happen at the expense of something or someone :
- Have I put myself forward somewhere today at the expense of others and their opinions?
- What did I do today to empower or encourage someone to bring in his/her input or talent?
- What can I do to encourage others to speak out more?
- How do I connect with people I feel less connection with?
- What can I do to become more open to other ideas or interests? And what do I do to incorporate this into my behaviour?
- In the case of discomfort or disagreement, what do I need from myself in order to engage in non-violent communication?
- Can I hear someone’s different opinion or thoughts without rejecting?
B) Ensure that things do not happen at your expense
- When did I recently experience someone pushed his/her agenda or believed his/her opinion to be more important than mine?
- Did I feel left out (in decision-making) just recently and my opinion was ignored?
- When did I last feel I got handed over the least fun part of someone’s work?
- Do I have (enough) persons around me that have my back? No strains attached, no agenda
- Did I give too much of myself away in situation X, Y, Z?
- To what extent do I identify with or lose myself in the narratives in my life?
- How do I think productivity relates to energy level and work pace?
C) Support a reset of mindset and narratives:
- How inclusive do I act when I believe someone does not live up to my standards?
- When interacting with someone do I bear in mind their culture, worldview, …?
- How often do I think in either-or instead of both-and?
- What do I do to actually hear and involve the introvert, more quite persons around me?
- What can I do to invest in or contribute to the happiness of others more often?
- What do I need to do to let go of my preferred decision model?
- Do I know all the hidden talents of people I work with?
- Did I show my appreciation to at least one person today?
- If I see excluding behaviour of others, how then does my reaction to this relate to creating a safe space and building an atmosphere of trust?
Information categories : Inner Balance | Body-Awareness | Staying Centered | Alignment | Unlocking Life Force | Inclusion | Inspirational Posts